About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Diary 2011 - A farewell letter that was never used

It is never an end. There is always a new beginning.

It is simply human to feel a bit sad and emotional at moments like saying a farewell bye to your workplace and colleagues. After all, they become a part of your life. So just have a full feel of this softly pining emotion. Believe me, it readies you and all those you care about for better things in life.

We cared, shared, criticized, quarreled, and even went out of our professional ways to show our personal whims, fancies, and true personal characteristics. Such little things fill up the canvas of our life.

When I came here, I was just an inexperienced small-town girl. This last one and a half years of my life I have spent with this content provider firm in Noida. I learned very nice things about my profession, met interesting people, and felt the sad moments when some colleagues went out to start another chapter in life. I also experienced the joy when freshers and experienced ones joined the group.

And now, when the time comes to say a sad farewell to all of you, it definitely steals out the purest of emotions.

Now I go out to start another chapter in my life, in my professional career. But that does not mean this one will become irrelevant. Life is a book; without the past chapters, it is incomplete.

These beautiful moments, these testing circumstances, these enriching and sometimes frustrating situations leave a permanent and ever-alive imprint on the book of my memories. I carry it as my proudest possession along with me.

I came here as an inexperienced, eager, dreamy-eyed girl with my tiny book of life. Thanks to you all, a very interesting and fruitful chapter has been added to my book of life. I am a mature girl now. Thanks to your company, guidance, and the experiences I shared with you, my book has become more interesting.

My book has another interesting chapter of mistakes, struggles, professional etiquettes, friendship, and many more things. I hope I leave behind a positive mark in your life chapter as well.

No book can stand on its own, alone. We have to keep each other. We have to help each other in writing successful chapters for ourselves.

Thank you all, including all those who have already left, for giving me this sweet and precious pain and for being with me during this journey. Alone, it would not have been possible for me to go through these testing times.

Now I feel bold and experienced enough to go for the next destination.

I wish you all good luck in successfully completing this part of your journey as well. I hope many of the characters from the present chapter will not become just memories of the past for us. We'll stay in touch and become interesting parts of my next chapter in life as well.

Thanks to all—from the top boss to the management, different departments, and facility providers.

Thanks, my dear company, for helping me in writing this proud and happy chapter in my life.

Remember, it is never over. Pure emotions are immortal. Beautiful moments, preserved by those sweet memories, continue to sweetly vibrate long, long after we turn to ashes.

Best of luck and sweetest of times to you all.


This is the farewell letter I had written because a girl colleague of mine who was leaving the company asked me to help her draft a farewell letter. Another matter that she herself, being a content writer, did not find it worth using!

So it has stayed in my notebook unused, and I just reproduce it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.