December 25, 2007
Merry Christmas.
The real winter is here because we have the first foggy morning of the season—a shivering, exciting gift from the great charitable Jolly Santa.
Today, the twilight sneaked a peek through the silvery-grey, moonlit swathes of fog. Wispy waves of fog ride chillily while the great festival is celebrated all over the world.
Snow-white beard, red cap, furry coat, bag of gifts on the shoulder, reindeer sleighs—the great character symbolizes so many nice things for Christian children all over the world.
If not in the countrysides and small towns, at least in the metropolitans, the festival is celebrated with equal fervour by the new urban class, internationalized in its attitude.
“Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell” now sounds familiar from the lips of kids of all religions the world over, and it is good. After all, the children belong to all of humanity.
They like to dress up as Santa—the grown-up generous kid. Innocent flirtations, hilarity, fun and frolics.
*****
Moving on to other things.
Tomorrow, the Boxing Day Test is starting in the summer-charged atmosphere of Australia. I hope Sachin doesn't miss the three-figure mark this time. I hope he has had his fill of nineties now and will oblige us with a century further.
Recovering from the great injustice inflicted by the Honourable Supreme Court, and not even getting the time to lick my wounds, I have started to look for alternatives in the face of such gross misuse of state power.
Mine can be a classic case of turning into an anti-establishment element, but I know that in that case I will be accruing further losses because the state is too big, those in power too incorrigible.
I can write; I can't fight.
Even if I have the slightest iota of respect for myself, I should go to Bastar to join the Naxalite movement to have my little share of justice myself.
Looking at the ways in which the mightiest arm of justice was twisted into confusion by the still brawnier and more muscular strong arm of politicians, I do have genuine reasons to feel that there is no real justice under the current setup.
But it is a futile complaint because I don't have the strength to take even a single step against this wrong done to me and my batchmates by the state itself, using the dagger of constitutionality.
The way the case went in the Supreme Court, I have very strong reasons to believe that the Italian iron lady, being prompted by her chief crony in the state, had definitely something to do with it. But she will definitely have her cup of woes. Fates change in politics. Just wait and watch. Bigger political lions will settle scores for common people like us.
The myth and cult of the Nehru family will be eaten by fast-spreading termites let loose by Mayawati for all the socially, economically and politically depressed classes. She had given enough cuts in the recent Gujarat elections to Congress and will slowly, slowly eat away the support base of the family which has, for the last sixty long years, kept the idol of the Nehru family aloft on its frail shoulders without getting any remuneration.
Curse to Congress. That's what a wounded citizen of India can do. I hope it's not illegal to vent out one's frustration against injustice.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.