About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Sunday, August 3, 2025

A foxy poet

 I believe in traditional Indian family values, especially the ones that give a free pass to the elder brother in grabbing privileges and boons at the cost of younger ones๐Ÿ˜„ I make good use of my elderly status when it comes to imposing demands on my younger brother. Advisory note to all poetic elder brothers: Make good use of your younger brothers, especially if they stand at 6 feet 1 inch; make them slog out for you; use their long legs in riding heavy Himalayan bikes across the tough mountain roads. I am a clever user of my elder brother status. I'm three years older than him but would pretend to be 30 years older -- even start coughing like 80 plus men -- and bunk most of my turns to ride and enjoyed 15 days of almost day-long rides across the length and breadth of Ladakh. We are friends basically. I throw tantrums. He just grumbles dissent. Finally I have the final say. I always keep reminding him about the values of our traditional families. To my advantage. ๐Ÿ˜œ So the handsome six footer ended up being the slogging mule of this journey while I inhaled deep intakes of Ladakhi peace and solitude. It was like a poet on wings. I'm filling page after page of those experiences. All thanks to this handsome man! Nazar na lage! God bless him with health, wealth, peace, prosperity and a long fruitful life! He is the gem of a person, far better than yours truly in many-many things. Let him always be blessed with good fortune!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.