Pre-script:
This one is inspired by my conversation with one of the best devotees of Ma
Ganga I have come across.
Who
wouldn’t like to stay longer on the banks of Ma Ganga? But She would like Her
children to be active in the world as well. To me Her maternal touch is like prasad. Even the little bit of it gives
a feeling of getting satiated and fulfilled that buckets of normal food won’t
give. Frankly speaking dear friends, I feel blessed and happy whatever time She
allows me near Her for my learning and growth. Don’t you see those who are born
on Her banks and stay there since birth are even more common and worldly than
those born in cities far away? I mean most of them are. Because to them Her
presence is like food, not prasad. They
take it for granted. The people like you, me and countless others who get Her
presence like prasad now and then are
really blessed. She calls us at intervals, gives lessons and new realizations,
sends us away to find the meaning of life, come back again, evolve a bit more
by Her touch and go back again—a real prasad
in small bits. But to those who stay with Her all the time She is mere food, in
abundance, and thus taken for granted. So bow down and be grateful for the loving
prasad She has given you.
We go
to the temples but not all of us stay in a temple to feel blessed. We can carry
the spark of divinity that we get from the temple. To me She is a living
temple. And whatever chance She gives to have Her darshan is prasad. I know
She would love me to do my worldly role, which I do with a very balanced
approach. I just told my view dear friends. I’m not saying everyone should feel
like that.
Maybe
She sends us away when She feels that prasad
ought not to become food. Separation with an assured coming together: the
loveliest subtle twine that binds the deity and the devotee. Subtle and
effective, just like silence is the best language.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.