About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Thursday, July 24, 2025

Simpler, the better

 

My mother would always praise me for my simple ways about food. She would sometimes forget to put salt in the food and I would eat it without even knowing if something was missing. When she would eat later and come to know about the most crucial thing missing, she would laugh and tell me about it. Believe me, when I’m hungry eating a raw boiled potato or a spicy pizza are just the same. I swear on this. And I feel so good about it. It’s a gift from nature. I know the basics of cooking and that enables me to prepare a few necessary things that only I would like to eat. People normally are very particular about so many things but to me a few basics matter. So salt, spice, ripe, overripe, cooked, undercooked, baked, over-baked, or the shape of chapatti hardly have any effect on me. I can relish whatever I make even if a street dog would not feel comfortable in enjoying it. So it’s very simple regarding culinary matters. Simpler, the better. And there are so many ways one can survive upon. Like Sadhguru survived on a frugal meal for many years. It involved a fistful of raw peanuts soaked in water overnight and a banana. So one can have many variants of eatables either eaten naturally, boiled, fried or whatever. I had a discussion with Kaka Maharaj (who stays outside the village in a hut) and he told me that a devotee basically survives on bhajan or call it sadhna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.