I
write a lot and I speak a lot as well when I’m with family or friends, almost
like a chatterbox. But it’s quite strange that I don’t miss speaking to anyone
when I’m alone for even a month. There are many times every year when I’m all
alone for extended periods and hardly speak for almost a month. And it doesn’t
seem to make much of a difference. When all we siblings and our children are
gathered at one place, I’m part of the group in chatting terms. And when all
are busy and at their places, I straightaway get into my mode of seclusion
involving reading and writing without missing anyone. I find it strange
sometimes. But that’s how it is. There doesn’t seem to be any hangover of those
pleasant gatherings and routine talks. I find both speaking and not-speaking
relevant in their own contexts.
Most
of my friends belong to the non-spiritual category, so there I have to be just
like them. It makes them so happy that they never feel any carryover from my
world of academics and spirituality. In fact, most of the people appreciate it
that I just mix with them on their frequency. The nicest compliment I have
received is: ‘He meets an illiterate and poor person as if he himself is
perfectly illiterate and even poorer than the person’. A wise village elder
once said this about me. And I feel exactly like this. I just allow people to
be what they are; try to be in their mold while I’m with them. It makes them
comfortable with themselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.