It was a lonely tulsi plant in a far corner of the
brick-paved and cement-topped yard. A chance sprout; a little seed falling in
an almost invisible hairline crack in the cemented yard. And there it grew; a
stunted plant for the lack of space around it. A tough life; but it came
helpful during the winter. While many big, luxuriant tulsi plants couldn’t cope with harsh cold, it kept alive with its
unassuming, low-profile self. The situational disadvantage, in terms of a
cemented surrounding, provided an advantage also—a little projecting slab on
the wall kept it safe from an open exposure to the frosty sky during the
coldest months. It survived. Next spring, looking at this tiny fighter was a lovely
sight; like basking in a roomful of light. The other day I gifted it with a
neighbor. I put a flowerpot bearing a nice green flowering shrub near it. I
hope they will turn friends. Their branches touch. I’m sure the lonely tulsi plant, away from the flowers beds,
will surely feel happy about having a neighbor.
PS: A few months down the line it gets proven that even a plant feels lonely and would love to have a friend, neighbor or companion. The said plant has grown to four times its earlier size. Hail Bonhomie! Build yours guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.