About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

A Sadhak

 I call him Kaka Maharaj—Kaka for uncle and Maharaj for his ascetic life. He calls me Tagore because of my bookish ways. He is on the path for the last forty years. Kaka Maharaj stays in his hut by the canal away from the village. I visit him three or four times in a month and there under a mango tree we hold our satsang discussing the matters of bhakti, gyan, liberation, myths and dhyan. He is a reclusive man but allows me to have his company for some time. His eyes have a penetrative shine and depth. I can feel he is a great journeyman on the path of spirituality. He is deeply into bhakti and dhyan. His guru is a local saint who graced the local area more than hundred years back. I have rarely come across such divine love for one’s guru. He is a worshipper of Baba Kude Bhagat. Baba was a realized soul and a social reformer in the area. I’m sure Kaka Maharaj will cross the river of karma, births and deaths with the help of the boat of love and devotion for his guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.