About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Friday, February 17, 2023

Tau Hoshiyar Singh

 

Tau Hoshiyar Singh is in his nineties now and is almost deaf and nearly blind. ‘Tau, can you recognize me?’ I ask him. ‘Yes,’ he says, trying to sound confident, his mind already working on the problem. ‘Then tell, who am I?’ I put up the teaser. ‘Pappu,’ he says. ‘See, you cannot see at all,’ I try to make him confess that he cannot see. ‘Yea, I meant to say Suppi’s brother,’ he hasn’t lost the confidence in the least. Does he mean to say I’m my own brother or he has recognized me as my brother? ‘But you said Pappu,’ I try to make him flinch from his firm perch. ‘Yea, It’s the same,’ he says coolly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.