About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Kickstarting a dog's bark

 

The dove sits perkily on the small, flimsy nest. Two eggs are visible from below as I peep into the nest, precariously perched just a bit more than a couple of feet above my head. The cats have a dependable eyesight I have heard. Let’s see when will the cat have his nasta.

A sadhu comes knocking at the gate asking for alms. He is lucky in receiving twenty rupees over the gate but luckier still in escaping unhurt. The dog that howls only thinks it suitable to taste his calf muscles. Of course, it doesn’t growl before the intended bite. But it doesn’t howl also. However, he misses it. A tiny scrape of the sadhu’s loincloth comes in its mouth. The sadhu gives a nice strike with his stick. The dog has a sound reason to howl then. But then it barks! The first time I hear it. Well, maybe his is a reversed canine equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.