About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

A little glimmer of hope for the Indian democracy

 I can see some signs of recovery for Indian democracy. Teeming millions of poor disadvantaged people fought against Modi, BJP, bureaucracy, election commission, ED, CBI, IT and billionaires. The odds were pitifully pitched against them. But they asserted their power. They couldn't give an alternative because it was simply beyond their capacity in the face of such brutal power assertion by the government. But they have given a strong opposition which is necessary for the health of democracy. I hope the opposition will now be allowed to speak in the parliament rather than being heckled, silenced, suspended and thrown out of the house. I expect we will now see Indian media breaking the shackles and cast away the shameful shape it has acquired in the past decade. I hope the powerful government machineries will fulfill their roles with honesty and integrity. I hope the government will now work for the problems of the common people instead of just creating a showy façade on the basis of power and money. And congratulations Rahul Gandhi! He will make a good leader of the opposition. It will be a good opportunity for him to hone his skills as the future prime minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.