About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Thursday, August 9, 2018

The self-emerging pattern of nature through 5 gram superworker




A new home in making, fabulous work of a tiny pair of greenish white-eyed warbler. A perfect mix of natural and human merchandise, thin strands of fibre, cobwebs and threadings. The olive backed sunbirds succeeded in a coup, but not this one. I spotted ha ha. Don't you think there is a supreme consciousness, a cosmic intelligence which pervades across species and phenomena all over the universe, driving all of us knowing unknowing to the actualization of little little milestones in the river that life is?
PS: The owners are unbelievably agile and dart off at bullet speed, cocking snook at my amateur efforts to have them as models for my funny photography. So I gave in. Also their tweets from a neighbouring tree had started to sound abusive. Feeling a Gatecrasher, I just took my nose out of their affair... anyway best of luck you warblers...

PSS: The story ended on a tragic note. Nature has xounter points. Oriental white eye is just 10 cm square tailed greenish bird with a significant white rinf around the eyes. The nest had been firmly glued like a tiny hammock cup, joining three broad leaves, a cosy home of fibres. The lady was seen sitting most of the time. Its white ringed eye visible under the leaf canopy. All seemed well. It appeared too small a world to be noticed by predators. With their slender pointed bills they flitted across the branches to enjoy flower nectar, guavas and tiny ants. They made feeble jingling notes. 

Then arrives the counter point. Greater Coucal, the clumsy, black bird with chestnut wings. I heard its deeply resonant coop coop coop coop in the morning. It was loitering around in the cluster of trees where our Bulbuls have their touny one. I don't think that is catchable anymore. Coucal steals eggs and feeds on lizards and tiny mice .It is very clumailc sticky on the ground. I chased it away. It flew very unqillungly. God knows how did it spot the tiny cup of the white eye. So there it was in the afternoon. I heard the dluffifl of feathers and saw it sneaking out like an expert thief. The tiny warblers just gave very feeble notes which hardly escaped out of the shrub. I checked the tiny cup nest. It was empty. Felt vwrv sad for the tiny creatures. Greed is bad. After a couple of hours I heard the panicked noted of the little birds and went out to see the greedy thief stuck to the leaves poking into the cup for more. It was so engrossed that it siddid mind me approaching at all. Well it's truly lousy. A thief has to be watchful. The heaigh was just at a ateikist range with my raised hand. Well, I had all the chance to kill it in one big swipe. But then you can not engage with a bird at your own human level. That isn't fair, even if it has committed a crime. To mother nature it's no crime. So I used only that much force that would make it really painful for a bird of that size, without permanent disability. So here I went. It fell down, and took to airs with a seriously painful shriek. Well, the only take away of my strike can be that it may not dare to come again to poke into the neat of spotted munia just abobe on the tree. I hope so. I expect him to learn a lesson or two. I know I shouldn't interfere inthe achems of rhinth. But then these birds are my friends, so I use my rights to interfere.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.