About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Matrimonial Bamboo

 

A guy married very late, at the age of forty in fact. In the conservative village society, it’s almost like getting married while you are peeping into your grave. They would love child marriages any day. His classmate in the village school meets him after a few years. ‘I hardly meant to marry but this society, peer pressure, and family and relatives nagging my soul day and night forced me into marriage at last. I couldn’t handle it anymore. It was like they had put the end of a stick into my bum and held it to maneuver around,’ he lamented. ‘And now by agreeing to get married, you have allowed the stick to be entirely thrust inside you, so carry it smartly now,’ the friend quipped matter of factly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.