About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Some Random Non-offensive Brain-farts

 

A sneeze shakes me and the mucus of opinionated truth dribbles out. Haa Haa…I run to wipe my nose and be presentable.

***

Ah peace, the redundant wish! Worldwide peace and harmony doesn't need authority, power centers and hegemony to sustain. But the latterauthority, power centers and hegemonysurely need strife, wars, violence and bloodbath to sustain them. Peace has never been the focal point of geo-strategists. If it was, most of the issues we are fighting about become redundant by default.

***

Don't write with hate in your heart, even against the most hateful. If good writers write with a bit more sense of equanimity, they do more justice to the art. Falling off the fine line of balance turns them cynical, and it affects their art. The only problem with "The Ministry of Utmost Happiness" is that it's written with too much "hate" for "religious hatred". It somehow taints the soul of the artist. Hate, even for a good cause, easily creeps up to turn to cynicism. The latter sours the spirit, which in turn smiles a degree lesser than in its unadulterated version. But it's human to have our prejudices, even if they come at the cost of losing our balance a bit. Otherwise the book is poignant and moving beyond words.

***

Learn to smile big from your small corner. It's the smallest plant in my garden but it beats most of others in bigness of flowers, in numbers and beauty also. It appears so happy to be just itself. No wonder, in a world obsessed with larger and bigger things, it attracts you from its little corner with big bouquet of beauty. It's so tiny and fragile but has a huge blooming spirit. No matter where you are, in whatever circumstances, at whatever ladder in the scheme of things, you can bloom at your own level to the fullest. And when you are true to your own being, your own self, you attract bigger eyes by default.

***

Shut your mind's eyes and hypothetical projections cease to be. Well, nothing exists as long as I choose to ignore it. And who are you? My colors are my own unlike yours. 

***

A moment drops from the endless sea of existence. Childish bud, youth in full bloom and dead decaying petals of an old flower. I see them on a jasmine leaf arranged as a big lesson. I decide to read. Nature accepts fluidity and transition. Spot impermanence and grab your moment now, this very moment. Mystical handover of the baton: little bud to full bloom to crumpled petals. Accept the change because that's what keeps nature alive.

***

A small leaf holds its drops of rain and proclaims, “My water! There may be seven seas around abounding with endless waters. But I reserve my right to hold the raindrops because those clouds rained for me only.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.