About Me

My photo
Hi, this is somebody who has taken the quieter by-lane to be happy. The hustle and bustle of the big, booming main street was too intimidating. Passing through the quieter by-lane I intend to reach a solitary path, laid out just for me, to reach my destiny, to be happy primarily, and enjoy the fruits of being happy. (www.sandeepdahiya.com)

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Need headache free dose of jounalism--Try WION

What do we expect at the end of the day? Of course some rest and repose. And some dose of news and views before hitting the bed. But then pick up the remote, flip to the news channels. Lo! You get attacked. It’s a Web-war. Web-Heroes are slaying Web-Villains. Just stay on a channel and the last traces of your sanity are gone. Anchors shout, panelists fret, fume and pour venom. God, it gives terrible headache. At the end of it you wonder what did you gain, apart from the headache, in terms of information that may help you in forming a healthy opinion. You feel cheated as you come out bruised and the head aching from the cyber war. For peace-loving souls like me there is an option. In a quiet corner, there is a channel, away from populist rhetoric and hegemonic posturing, doing its service of healthy journalism. It’s WION man! The succor of chicken-hearted souls like me, who cannot afford to witness the Web-War from the reputed fire-mongering anchors, who are fresh with even freshest channels. The Republic of my sanity is bombarded. I prefer WION. Sitting with my glass of bed-time milk, I look for the information that will turn me healthier in my opinions of the world around. The unhurried trill of its world-class lady anchors providing nonbelligerent dose of information. It feels like having Chavanpraash with milk. Very healthy journalism I tell you. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly feel free to give your feedback on the posts.